On Demand Courses
VMware NSX-T Data Center: Troubleshooting and Operations [V2.4] – On Demand
This hands-on course, equivalent to five days of training, provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competency in operating and troubleshooting the VMware NSX-T™ Data Center environment. In this course, you are introduced to workflows of various networking and security constructs along with several operational and troubleshooting tools that help managing and troubleshooting your NSX-T Data Center. In addition, you are presented with various types of technical problems, which you will identify, analyze, and solve through a systematic process.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Establish and apply a structured troubleshooting approach and methodology
- Explain the NSX-T Data Center infrastructure components and the communications between them
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to the NSX-T Data Center management, control, and data planes
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to the NSX-T Data Center installation and upgrade
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to the NSX-T Data Center logical switching, logical routing, and load balancer services
- Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot network security problems related to the NSX-T Data Center Distributed firewall and Gateway firewall.
- Identify the components and packet flows involved in the NSX-T Data Center Datapath and troubleshoot various problems that could occur in the Datapath
- List the native tools available in NSX-T Data Center to identify and troubleshoot the problems related to NSX-T Data Center environment.
Before taking this course, you should have completed the VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.4] course.
You should also have the following understanding or knowledge:
- Good understanding of TCP/IP services and protocols
- Knowledge and working experience of computer networking, including:
o Switching and routing technologies (L2-L3)
o Network and application delivery services (L4-L7)
- Knowledge and working experience of VMware vSphere® environments and KVM-based environments
The VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (2019) certification is recommended.