On Demand Courses
VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage [V7.6] – On Demand
During this course, equivalent to five days of training, you focus on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vRealize® Automation™. You learn about the configuration and use of the vRealize Automation platform, including self-service provisioning and the creation of catalog services that include predefined virtual machines, software components, and on-demand VMware NSX® networks. This course also covers interfacing vRealize Automation with other systems using VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ to leverage workflows, creating approval cycles, and managing machine lifecycles to conserve resources. In addition, you will better understand and know how to achieve the benefits of automation as a component of the software-defined data center.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the vRealize Automation architecture and use cases in cloud environments
- Install and configure vRealize Automation
- Manage vRealize Automation entities on VMware and third-party virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Configure and manage catalogs, containers, and blueprints
- Configure and manage business groups and reservations for compute resources
- Use the self-service portal to request and manage machines in accordance with vRealize Automation approval and governance policies
- Use customize properties and property groups in blueprints
- Develop and use custom forms
- Manage and monitor machines and resource reclamation
- Configure and manage event broker subscriptions
- Understand vRealize Automation extensibility and workflows
- Use vRealize Automation to deploy and manage containers
- Integrate vRealize Automation with third-party products
This course requires completion of one of the following courses:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V6.x]
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a vSphere DRS cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
- If you cannot perform all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses before enrolling in VMware vRealize Automation: Install, Configure, Manage.